Welcome to the Blog! If this is your first time visiting, please read the Preface. If not, welcome back.
-Paul

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Preface

Hi everyone,
My name is Paul and this is the blog I will be keeping as I take The Trip. What is The Trip, you ask? For those of you that don't know, my family recently purchased a boat, a Lagoon 420 to be exact, and we are going to be living on it for a year, during which time we will be traveling the east coast of the US and the Caribbean. This will be The Trip. When I was six years old, we embarked on a similar trip on our old boat Top Cat. Over a 55 week period, we covered the east coast and the Bahamas. The experience was so extraordinary that we wanted to do it again. So this time, with a nice new boat Island Cat, we plan on once again traveling in search of adventure, fun, and our Island In The Sun. Today is August 21st, 2012, and as I sit here typing I hear the droning of drills and the thuds of ladders against the house as a new furnace is installed and new gutters are put up along the edges of the roof, just in time for the people who will hopefully be renting our house some time in September. As soon as we leave, I hope to start writing blog posts filled with pictures and videos of our travels and uploading them when we have internet access. Sometimes they will be lengthy, other times they will be shorter, but they will always be new and interesting. At least, that's the idea. So, why am I going through all the difficulty of creating a blog in the first place? Part of the reason is so that I can show all of my friends and family what I have been doing, another part is that I don't want to forget it myself. This journey may be unforgettable, but the individual memories will fade with age, which is something I would like to avoid. In terms of who will be reading this, who knows? Certainly friends, possibly college interviewers or future coworkers, or maybe even children of my own. Whoever it may be, whoever is reading the lines that I sit here typing, I would like to thank you for taking the time to do so. Hopefully, it will be interesting, inspiring, and worth reading. With this, I close the preface and open to The Trip.

-Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment